Thursday, February 16, 2012

Organization 101


I must tell you I have not edited any of the following photos. I have what I'm sure is like tennis elbow, but it's in my finger, and it's not from tennis, it's from spray painting. Spray Painting Finger! And hand. So I don't feel like editing photos. We, and I use that term lightly, have been organizing like crazy. I have a fear that when I die, someone is going to have to come in and help Kerry clean up the mess I have left behind. I don't want that mess to be someone's last memories of me. And I bought 2 stamp sets and I can't get them on my stamp set shelf so something had to change.

My brother gave this shelf to my parents and I saw at Christmas that it was empty. Now it's in Shaun's room, it's almost the perfect size for his books. Addicted to Full Metal Alchemist? It totally bothers me that he's put them in upside down. I will speak to him about that!  Organization must please everyone.
 My cousin had a Tupperware party but I had a class so I couldn't go, but I did order a whole Modular Mates set! On sale!  Check out the Light Brite in the background, originally mine. I got it the year I found out Santa wasn't real (ooops, sorry ...  SANTA SPOILER), I remember being in the shopping cart at Sears with the Light Brite.  Anyways, it's now been passed through both kids and has been deemed unwanted by Kerry. I said "NO WAY! Use it to leave me nice little notes or something!" He didn't.
 I made up a recipe for spinach pie, not really quiche, but very yummy! Kerry says spinach tastes like dirt but he ate 2 pieces for dinner. Ricotta, mozza, egg whites, ham, and dog hair. Not sure I can replicate it.
 I thought, and may have been mistaken, that this would help me solve all my problems. It didn't. It made more problems. "Look Kerry, I need a $500 cork board, Martha says!"
 We had a weird snow fall last week, the snowflakes were actually snow rods.  Yes, my bird feeders are empty and my birds are starving, but so is the neighbourhood cat!
 The Old Spaghetti Factory opened and Heather and I went for lunch. It was okay. Not sure why everyone rants and raves about it. Then we went to Homesense and got so inspired that I almost swallowed my gum a few times.
 On Valentine's Day we had smoked brisket and it was probably the best one I've done. It had more fat than the other ones, which made it moister. I did it on the new bbq and that's the way to go! Go figure, it has a thermometer, where as the smoker just says something like "cold, warm, hot".  Kerry made apple crisp for dessert, I wanted to eat it all. I've not been having stomach issues and I'm not taking my pills.

 This dresser was left to us when we bought the house because the other people didn't want to move it. I started painting it and then stopped and never got started again. I decided to paint the drawers black and move the whole thing to the other end of the room. The photos are really bad.
I'm hoping to keep my Big Shot here, the dies are in a drawer below. My sewing machine and the serger will also find a home here. The black thing in the middle won't be staying there, it will go on my new shelves. They will be done in the near future. 7+ cans of spray paint because I thought that would be easier. I was wrong. I haven't even painted the sides all the way or the backs. Live and learn.
I'm working a lot lately, so I come home, paint like crazy, shower, and I don't sit down, otherwise I fall asleep and nothing else gets done. I have a deadline of Sunday afternoon. A friend is coming and we are brainstorming about her quilt she is going to make from her boys' baby sleepers.
Emily wanted to drive to Vancouver tomorrow, it's a pro day at school and for 5 seconds I thought we could do it. Then while I was at work, we got a dump of snow, and it's still snowing, I think we will check out oldnavy.ca tomorrow.

2 comments:

bcgal00 Rae said...

Weird ice formation like frozen hairs or something LOL

I got the MS Organization mag too. Hasn't helped me yet :)

I think the OSF is so popular b/c the portions are so big. I don't think its b/c they are especially tasty meals IMO.

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like I need to BUY MORE STUFF after reading an organizing mag. Or at least have CUTER stuff to organize in the first place :(

P.S Moving stuff around in a craft room is my least favorite thing to do ever. I'm currently in the middle of "rearranging", and ready to set it all on fire so I don't have to deal with it anymore.