Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thrift Store Score

I wanted to find a wooden bowl to hold a newborn in for a prop. I have looked every where and today I walked into a tiny little thrift store on my way to Winners and found it! Yikes! $10 and it had about an inch of dust. The place only took cash so I had to find a bank machine. $2 in fees later, I was back for the bowl, a basket and a blanket. And by the time I got back, the woman at the till said she didn't think the bowl was worth $10 so I got all 3 items for $10.
Basket, blanket and baby bear.
I had to wash the blanket 2 times, it had a bit of moth ball scent to it. And I fixed any holes with invisible thread. Darn that invisible thread, I had a hard time tying knots in it.
I want to paint that chair but I'm not sure what colour to paint it. I like the green in the blanket I just bought. All photos are SOOC out of sheer laziness.

1 comment:

Marina Garrison said...

Nice set up. I think white for the chair might be nice.