Friday, November 16, 2007

I remember...

I think today is the day that comes around every year where I ask myself "Self, why are you doing this sale?" And my answer is, as of lately, because the other crafters need Christmas money. If I don't do it, I have this serious problem where I think that some people won't have any money for Christmas. I do enjoy the planning of the sale on 360 days of the year. The rest suck.

I have a to-do list as long as my arm and it's 9 am. and I'm not showered or dressed and I have certain places I have to be at specific times today and well, I don't feel like getting dressed. Maybe I should go out in my PJs and people will ask why and I will reply "oh, I'm so busy, I am planning the best craft sale in Kelowna, you should come!" and then they will because there interest will be piqued. I think that's the right word.

And to make matters worse, (again I'm complaining), my personal assistant has me scheduled to do a class tonight and one tomorrow. She's such a freakin' slave driver(no offense meant to any slave drivers reading this). But doesn't she realize that I'm kind of pre-occupied this weekend. Maybe she did that to help take my mind off the ever growing list of stuff I still have to do, or maybe she figured the weekend would go faster if it was filled with activities. I'm sure she doesn't remember the year I go sooooo sick after the craft sale that I couldn't even open the door to greet the crafters and hand out the cheques the week after, because I remember that, I remember what happens when I get run down. (flashback to the 11 days after DL trip, ahhhh Disneyland, I'd give my right arm, it's useless anyway,to be back there)

I am becoming a master of procrastination and grumpy blog posts. I apologize if you came here for happy thoughts. All I can say is normally I dislike Mondays and this week won't be any different, and that's being optimistic. One happy thought is that my Kerry is taking Monday and Tuesday off to be 'helper'. He's so nice. Poor Kerry, he'll wish he was back at work arguing with truck drivers when I'm done with him.

The stew was the 'best stew ever'. The muffins were delicious and nutritious. The meatloaf is in the freezer, as are numerous muffins and containers of stew.


Don't forget...
Sunday, November 18 9 am - 5 pm
The Benvoulin Heritage Church Craft sale
I'm not kidding, I'm just bragging, when I say it's the BEST sale in town. Ask around, THEY will tell you.
If you like crowds and line-ups and grumps, come early, that's when the selection is better.
If you come and I don't talk to you and have the look of serious concentration, just walk away. I will push the wrong button on the cash register if I open my mouth.

No comments: