Sunday, November 04, 2007

A Math Lesson

Kerry and I have a little routine at bed time. He must roll onto his right side, I 'spoon' up behind him. We joke that I need my two thirds of the bed. He says he has a quarter of the bed, I say it's two fifths. So last night he was complaining, whining that he didn't have enough room. So I reach over him and touch the edge of the bed on his side, then I reach out and touch my edge. I announce that I can touch both sides, therefore I must be in the middle. Therefore, he must have half the bed. Ah, he whines, but what about the part of the bed you are on, you have that too, if both your hands touch the edge, then YOU are in the middle.
Details, details. So it's been confirmed, I have two fifths of the bed. I'm a bed hog, then I punched him and there was no more whining. Just some quiet sobbing, but I can sleep through that.


I am moving rather slowly on the Pick of the Patch kit. I made a most beautiful coaster album about ME and now I'm stumped. The papers are so nice and kind of girly, I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with them. I only have until Nov. 7th to get a couple layouts and maybe some cards done. It would also be easier if a certain puppy didn't try to eat his way out of my scrap room. He seems to think it's a smorgasbord every time he's in there. Paper, table legs, my legs, anything hanging over the edge of the table, recycling, boxes, you name it, it's not safe. So if I want to get anything accomplished, I have to wait until K. is home and can occupy the bottomless pit of a pup.

But I'm feeling brave this morning and may venture into my room. Yes, I could close the door but Kerry spent a lot of time and patience putting mouldings around the door and would not appreciate it if Linus ate them off. Besides that, you aren't supposed to reprimand a dog after he's done the bad deed(you must catch him in the act), but you can reprimand a lazy dog owner that just wants to scrapbook.

I'm learning.

No comments: