Thursday, November 15, 2007

Meat, MIni Oranges and Muffins


I went to Costco, and got out spending under $300, just under, but still under! I have officially started my Christmas shopping. And I got stew meat and made a huge crock pot full of stew and then I made 2 huge meatloaves. I plan on being very busy, too busy to make meals in the next week.
My mom and I found mini mandarin oranges today. They are by far the best tasting oranges I have ever had. I like all things mini, like the small jugs of chocolate milk, short handled screwdrivers, and people(meaning babies).

Judy gave me a delicious Fat Free Yogurt and Bran Muffin recipe, along with a sample on Tuesday and this is the BEST FF recipe I have ever tried.

2 c. plain non-fat yogurt
2 tsp. b. soda
3/4 c. b. sugar
1 c. sugar free apple sauce
2 tsp. vanilla
4 tsp. b. powder
1 c. berries or raisins
2 eggs
2 c. bran
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
Measure yogurt in med. bowl and add soda (let stand but not too long or you will have a great science experiment). Beat sugar, eggs, and applesauce. Stir in bran and vanilla. Sift flour, b. powder and salt. Add yogurt mixture and flour mixture alternately to egg mixture and mix until moist. Fold in other ingredients.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, with NO liners, I used spray, they will stick to muffin liners because they are fat free. Let sit in pan to cool and they will come out easier.
24 muffins - 1.5 pts.
16 muffins - 2 pts.

No comments: