Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Life after imac death

It's a bit of a struggle, but I know there could be worse things then not having our computer. I'm using mom's macbook in the interim. I'm not used to a laptop so everything is a little bit harder. 
I started a little photography class on Friday but of course without the comfort of my own computer, it's been hard to get into it. 
I'm documenting how we count down to Christmas, our advent. This year I decided to forgo the inexpensive licensed boxes of waxy 'chocolate' and make my own advent calendar.
 It took a lot longer than I had hoped. Cutting the boxes was a bit time consuming even with the Cricut doing the majority of the work. Adding the ribbon was piddly and Kerry helped with that.
They are full of Hershey's kisses, and Reese's Peanut Butter mini cups. 3 of each. Kerry needs his daily chocolate too.
I have them hanging from twill tape tied to bull dog clips on our Ikea shelves. I'm sure I will come home one day and find them dangling from one clip, with dog slobber on them. But then again, I have faith in my dogs. I believe they never get on that couch, but always on the other so they can look out the window. I believe they won't even notice that the boxes are within their reach.
It's Christmas time, time for believing!
I also believe the mac guy at London Drugs will find and save Emily's Disneyland pictures and videos!

Public service notice of the week: BACK IT UP, Baby! All the time. Don't wait and do it later. Do it now. No one ever said "I wish I hadn't backed up today!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have everything backed up except the trip photos. I should do it right now while I can still burn discs. How many boxes did you make?

bcgal00 Rae said...

Any word yet? Pic salvageable?

bcgal00 Rae said...

Any word yet? Pic salvageable?

bcgal00 Rae said...

Stupid blogspot, first it said my verification word didn't match and then it went ahead and posted me double LOL