Monday, September 10, 2007

Moment of Clarity?

So last night, Kerry and I were discussing finances. The car needs some work, the dog starts obedience this week, school fees, college fees, and all that fun stuff. Then I say "Have you saved anything for Disneyland?" and he says "No, I'm not in charge of finances." So I guess that means I am. Well, wake up call! I haven't saved anything either, so there! That will teach someone.

And I am wondering, not complaining, just wondering, for how long my college attending kid will call me every day to tell me he is finished and on his way home like he has done for the past week. He's saying weird things lately, like...
"I know that parents care about their kids and that's why they tell them to come home at certain times, and ask where they are going and who they are with."
And because at this age some of his friends have different family lives, and he's seeing more of it, he seems to be appreciating the freedom and boundries we have in place in our family. I think we'll keep him.

1 comment:

Heather said...

YES! Shaun is definitely a KEEPER! Every MOM in the world wishes her kids would call to tell them where they are.

He's a GREAT guy and, if you don't want him, I will take him! I will even feed him perogies every day!