Thursday, October 11, 2007

HOME!

We made it home, almost in one piece. I think if I had counted how many steps we took at Disneyland and compared it to how many we have taken in our entire life before DL, Disneyland would win. I have never walked so much in my entire life. Ever. I also know that I complained about it the most. I got a huge blister on my baby toe the first day which caused me to limp for the next 5 days, which caused my old sprained ankle injury to flare up.
But other than that and the very sore throat I now have, we had "THE BEST TIME EVER". After the 3rd day, the kids were talking about the next time we go to Disneyland and what they wanted to do.
We booked through Sears, stayed at a very inexpensive Super 8, small, but very clean, very quiet, with a cold pool and a hot tub, and sad donut and muffin continental breakfast. We had a 10-15 min. walk from the park, 10 the first 2 days because we were so excited, 15 the last few days because we were so tired.
Spent most of the first day at the park, then rented a car and went to Target that night, and I bought stamps, Autumn Leaves packs of paper, stickers, and food. Saturday we drove around Orange County, looking for scrapbooking stores and bike stores. We found, and only because I did hours of research before hand,...
~the Art Supply Warehouse, where Emily bought her Copic markers and Shaun got his moustaches
~Joann's, where I found most of the stuff I wanted at 30% off
~Walmart, where the kids and Kerry bought clothes and we got more food because we had a fridge and microwave at the hotel.
~2 bike stores, but alas, Southern California is flat so mountain biking isn't that big there.
~Borders books and Barnes and Noble, where the kids bought most their weight in books.
~a store very similar to MEC where Kerry bought his bike tire and riding gloves,
~the Block at Orange, it's a freakin' out door mall, we went to Victoria's Secret, Borders, Old Navy, and Virgin Records, where the kids found DVD's not found here.
~Red Lobster, where we were full before our meals even made it to the table.
After all this, I think we went back to the park for fireworks but it was too windy so we missed them and ended up seeing a small portion from the hotel the next night. We are disappointed in that. But we did see the parade which kind of made up for it.

The kids did the Build-A-Bear thing, I think every kid needs to do this. Shaun did one for Jenn, but he was so embarrassed to be there his face was a shade of red I have never seen. But he did it and picked a name and an outfit for his Boxer, Emily got a Cheetah.

I have hundreds of pictures but for some reason Blogger isn't letting me upload them.

We borrowed a book from Emily's friends parents, Foder's Disneyland. I highly recommend it. It lists every ride and details about them, from line times to scare factor, and food, from cost to kid-friendliness. We had the Dole Pineapple whip float from the Tiki Room, absolutely delicious, very refreshing, and the Blue Ribbon Bakery stuff was very yummy, and inexpensive, and Wetzels Pretzels were to die for. I had a very hot Jalapeno Cheese pretzel because the author of the Foder book's kid said they were the best. Well, it was, except that it was also the hottest think I have ever eaten, so I picked all the seeds out of my jalapenos and then it was edible.

I have so much more to blog about, but Emily wants on the computer.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

THAT WAS A FAST TRIP!!
So glad you had such an excellent time! Cant' wait to hear more... congrats on surviving!

Info Goddess said...

Yeah I can't believe you're back already...Sounds like fun though! Look forward to hearing more about it (and seeing what you bought!)

Heather said...

Welcome home! Glad you are all in one piece!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great time and got to do lots of shopping!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Kelli - forgot to sign my name.

Welcome home. I bet Sally and Linus sure missed you!!!

Sue