Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Getting it done

I decided not to go back to sleep after getting Emily up for school. It's become a nasty, bad-mom habit. Wake her up, make her lunch, curl up on the couch and have a nap. Really, I need to go to bed earlier. Why do all the 'good' shows have to be on at 10 pm?
So this morning, I decided not to sit on the couch, because that leads to reclining on the couch and that leads to therapy for Emily. Instead, I did laundry, made a lunch, and started prepping for tonight's class. It's only 8:32 am and I have also done my MK Satin Hands routine, 2 loads of laundry, tossed the ball for Linus to wear him out, showered, done my hair(only takes 2.6 minutes), talked to my mom, got a kid off to school, checked my email, and started to blog. I will crash in about 1 hour, which is great, because today is my first day at the At Work WW meeting at Cottonwoods. I have a feeling it might be the blind leading the blind, no offence to anyone whom might be blind. The only reason I think that is because the woman I am working with called yesterday and said "Did you get your package of info?" to which I replied "What PACKAGE?" because of course, I didn't have a clue what she meant. So I'm flying packageless.

In other news, and this is long, long news...
-Every Aug/Sept. my mom asks Emily what she wants to be for Halloween because Grandma makes her costumes, it's usually a project for work, so it has to hang in the store for a month. And every year I hope she picks something that doesn't require a huge explanation when the person with the candy says "Oh and who are you?" I really want it to be simple, something someone can look at and say "What a cute baby chick!" which is what she was going to be but changed her mind at the last minute. Now she's a character from a Japanese animation called Rozen Maiden. But Kerry says "You kind of looks like a pilgrim so if anyone one says that don't get mad because chances are our neighbours don't read the same books you do".
Emily drew a very detailed picture of the character in her dress, along with a very detailed pattern. She then took it to Fabricland and handed it to Grandma, which then started the panicked look in my mom's eyes. Man, she's one talented seamstress(I choose seamstress because, well, sewer reminds me of rats and poop), she started Saturday morning and pretty much finished it Saturday night. I could hear her saying "I was in my sewing room all day" as if she didn't enjoy it. Anyway, we found a similar pattern, Emily was quick to point out all the non-similarities, but with that,Emily's detailed instructions and mom's skills, mom made a beautiful fully lined, very detailed dress (pictures to come). Emily has asked to sleep in it, she comes home from school, announces "I'm getting changed and doing my homework", and then stays in the dress until pj time. Here's a picture of a doll wearing the dress. I think her name is Suiseiki.


-Emily got her gr. 6 vaccinations last Monday and has had another reaction. The health nurse thinks it's an infection because it didn't happen right away. The poor kid, you can't touch her arm because it hurts so bad. Other than ibuprofen, there's not much they can do right now. Just wait and see and if her arm falls off, she won't have to get immunized again. This is the 3rd time she's had a reaction. So she shouldn't be immunized and Shaun can't be immunized because of his phobia. Don't come around here if you have whooping cough, tb, or hep! Seriously.

Must go now, my rolling stone is slowing.

But first...I read this in a scrapbooking magazine, I think it's the equivalent of "You're bursting my bubble" or "Raining on my parade" but it's funny so now I tell Kerry and the kids they are doing it all the time...
"You're harshing my mellow!" which sometimes comes out as "You're marshing my hello!"

No comments: