Monday, August 16, 2010

Anime Convention Part 1

I have hundreds of shots from the weekend. I'll probably post all of them to my smugmug gallery by the end of the week. Here are a few SOOC. All were taken with my 28-75mm f/2.8 lens. So thankful for this lens, there's not much room to back up in some of these situations.
And sooooo thankful for the Black Rapid RS-W1 strap, it was amazing!
We stayed at my aunt's and drove in to UBC each day. 1/2 of driving, doesn't seem that long but when you are in a van of geeks excited to be with their kinds, it takes forever.The girls quickly found some of their kind. They are from Touhou, I'm not sure but I think it's a video game. I could not stay for the panel on Touhou as 97% of these kids don't use deodorant and sitting in a small un-aircondinitioned room with them for 90 min. was not my idea of fun. ( I made sure my 3 were showed, and deodorized.)They found their friend from home. Got lots of picture taken. If you like a character or costume, you run up and say "Can I take your picture?" and then the subject poses for you and you thank them and run away. Oddly enough, I did not get asked once. Nor did I get hugged.Capt'n Jack is not an anime character but he's been at the convention every year we've been.
Professor Whovianart! What a neat guy. He had the most amazing things. And cheap!
Got these to babies from the professor!

Love this, I'm all about the cute characters, but found out that sometimes the cute ones aren't the 'good' ones.
Thought Kerry might like this one. It was licensed and ran.
Always a few Star Wars fans, and some Trekkies were there too.
We had to hit Old Navy, Sakura Media, and Chapters and then a big stop at Ikea where we shopped, ate and shopped some more before heading home.
I have more pics and these are just a few of the highlights.
I think we are all very tired, our legs and feet hate us and we were so happy to see our own beds and sleep in air conditioned splendor last night.


1 comment:

bcgal00 Rae said...

Looks like fun!