Sunday, August 12, 2007

Chew on this...

First I was shocked that the baby got left behing, then I was grossed out, then horrified, then I had teary eyes, and then I was totally amazed by love! Watch this clip right to the end. It's graphic, and you will want to look away, but don't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM


We had a nice little get together with some 'new' people tonight. I wanted to do something while Rod, Terrell, and Zoe were in town and I opted out of my birthday dinner at a restaurant in exchange for a bbq. We had planned a bbq before I got sick with Em's friend's parents so we made up for the cancellation. My parents are out of town, so it was a different group than the usuals. Kerry's mom came, Kelly-from-next-door, and Tara. It's really great to see people from different parts of your life come together and get along and make an enjoyable evening.
We had the usual DQ icecream cake (pictures to come) and I made an angel food cake with whipping cream and what I thought would be weirded out cherries but they turned out to be a hit. And we had a great assortment of food, all the good stuff like spinach dip, brocolli salad, taco salad, and Kelly-next-door brought over a giant scone for breakfast tomorrow, or snack tonight. I will not be answering the door to anyone that 'drops' by for breaky, sorry, icecream cake and scones are all mine...bwahahahaha.
The dogs are pooped, kids had other kids to play with, everyone is full, house is clean. My head is big from everyone going on about my craftiness. Great way to end a birthday week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a nice time, thanks... Oh, and when I snuck out the side door, I forgot my (your) books on the table... don't give them away to someone else!! See you for breakfast at ?8?