Saturday, August 25, 2007

PS 7



I've had Adobe PS 7 for, oh, a long time now and have managed to stumble along and make a few things. I even bought CK's Computer Tricks for Scrapbookers by Jessica Sprague and looked at all the pretty pictures and thought it would be great if I could do even 1/5 of the stuff.

Tonight being Fight Night means that it's also Scrapbooking Night, or otherwise known as Ignore the Children Night. So I had made plans with someone to scrapbook but the plans fell through and I found myself drowning my loneliness in front of the computer. I thought about printing some pictures which means touching a few up with PS, but then I remember The Book and pulled it out and the rest is history...


I started at the beginning and have worked up to page 37. I'm not doing every technique right now, I need to find the right pictures for some of them.
I think the first one is supposed to be in colour but I am finding the instructions seem to be missing a few things, even with the step by step pictures. It almost seems like J.S. thinks I know what I am doing and therefore should be able to read her mind and know the next step. So the Vintage Hand-Tinted Look is just the Dreamy Look.

Fading a Photo for a Clever Journaling Spot will come in handy. It's great for blending out some of the crap that's always in the back of photos. How do the big names do it? Do they not have any clutter around their house? I know you have to frame your shots to get the good ones, but what about spontaneous shots?Play Up a Focal Point in Your Photo...not one I will find myself using a whole lot, I think. But it does work well for that darn finger.

So tonight's 'class' was under 2 hours. Consider this...I paid $75 to take a class from a knowledgeable source and really only learned how to take the earrings out of his girlfriend's picture and tonight using a $23.25 book, I have done miracles that any scrapbooker would use on a daily, maybe weekly, basis.

Yeah ME!!! So I didn't sign up for the class in humility, maybe I'll buy the book.

No comments: