Saturday, August 04, 2007

It's official!


After trying 3 different travel agencies, we ended up at Sears. Who knew that travel agents worked banker hours? I thought the weekend would be a good time to book a trip, not so. Anyway, the overall experience was quite painless, long but not as bad as I thought. We opted to go with an agent for our first major trip.
The particulars changed drastically in my opinion. We have the dogs to take into consideration, time off school for Shaun and work for Kerry so when the dates we wanted weren't available, I was not so comfortable when Kerry said sure, let's extend our 4 day trip to 7 days. I'm thinking dollar signs, agent is thinking it's the only way to fly out over a long weekend, and Kerry's thinking that the sooner we're done, the sooner he can go home and read his new bike mag.
The nice thing is that it seems the longer you stay, the cheaper it gets. So it's under $3000, and that's with insurance, flight, taxes, hotel, 5 day park pass, and continental breakfast, which of course is the most important thing.
Now the trick is to not freak out about the hours I will be spending on the airplane. I watch Lost, I know how it could go.
And...
We brought home a box of hardwood to see how it will look and if we like it, it's a wicked deal through work, according to Kerry. If it's like the outside trim, and the inside trim deals we have gotten through work, it could be free. Although, I think I fully expect this time to have to pay a little bit, but my fingers are crossed in hopes that it won't be too bad.

No comments: