Sunday, August 05, 2007

Easy listening

I thought I might want a more serious purse, something in a leather maybe, but nothing caught my eye. Mom even said she'd take me out today to find something and I opted to stay home and see her later, she's making me(us) dinner. Tempura salmon, zucchinis too, and Greek salad. Not my favourite things, like cabbage rolls, but Greek salad is right up there.
Then I thought paint for the walls, but knew this wouldn't go over very well with Kerry. Paint=work. And besides that's not an exciting birthday gift.
I don't need shoes. Or make-up, or perfume, or chocolate, or even (gasp) scrapbooking stuff(Kerry said he should have gotten me a gc from Memories when he was out that way yesterday, but I'm glad he didn't).
I'm still hoping for my tweezers.
So this morning I was complaining about the crappy wiring on the mp3 car adapter and how it's toast after 6 months and how I could just take my portable battery operated speakers in the van with me... had a little chuckle about that, when it hit me. We don't own a stereo, just a couple of 'boom' boxes(are they still called that?). We all have mp3 players, although not iPods, they are all Sony and were free through Kerry's work. We also need new speakers for the computer. So Kerry says "get some decent speakers for your mp3". We needed to go to Future Shop for a wireless router, and Shaun had a gift certificate so we went out to check things out.
We spent all my birthday money on speakers for me!!! I don't even have to share with the computer, besides I couldn't move them back and forth if I wanted to, well, maybe I could, but I don't want to.
Terrell, Rod and Zoe are in town for 2 weeks. They gave us their table and chairs, it's the same as the one we had only lighter stain and has a leaf and more chairs. My mom will be so happy. Zoe is such a little girl now, not a baby anymore. She can talk so well for 2 1/2 years. We only had a quick visit this morning. Linus loved her and will probably end up traumatizing her.


update: Holy Sub-Woofer Batman!!! I can hear sounds I never heard from my mp3 player before!
I can't believe how much better my speakers are than what we had before. Who knew? Shaun wants them for the computer, but I am not moving them from my scrapping room. I will however be moving my table and clearing a dance area. Kerry says the sub-woofer is 'awsome'. I see seeds have been planted in other family members heads. I will have to get a lock on my door.
Yes, I got to open my present early. Call me spoiled, I don't care, I can't hear you over my music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I will call you spoiled anyhow... Glad you're enjoying your speakers. BTW, what did Linus do earlier today???

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kelli!!!