Friday, May 28, 2010

Ahhh...Friday {photo heavy}

I love taking pictures, I'm sure you've noticed. I don't love processing photos, but the end result is so worth it.
I don't know what Blogger does to the photos but they look so much better in my gallery.
Here are a few of my favourites from the weekend... I like to look at the cars, I like to hang out with Kerry, I like the smell of the exhaust, the chirping, and whistling and rumbling of the cars. And it's about esthetics for me, which is why this CUTE little red car was my favourite. And I can pick them, he won the race at the end of the day!
Being a Ford family, it's no wonder this was also a favourite of both Kerry and I. And it's for sale. For a brief second, we looked at each other and then laughed it off.

This was Kerry's favourite. I can see why, it's cute too!


The starting line.
So Saturday and Sunday, we went to the hill climb, and hiked and hiked, and then we went to weddings afterwards. What a perfect weekend!
I'm going to do them backwards, Sunday's wedding first, it's just the way they loaded and it's more work to move them. They are darker here than in person.

Bryan and Tracy, a very good looking couple!
Not the best one on the wharf, but one of my fav's because of the candidness.
I wasn't sure about the guns, but now it's all good.

Again, much darker on the blog, walking down the aisle.
And then on Saturday it was all about Karla. And Vince. But mostly Karla.
I shot these as a friend and guest at the wedding.
Pronounced man and wife.
I embraced the high ISO, and grain resulting from it, and went black and white. I've printed them out and I am so pleased with them. Live and learn.
The good looking guy behind Karla is her brother Chris. He said his favourite song was The Hamster Dance and the MC told all the kids to stand in a circle. Chris stood in the middle and he danced his butt off while doing the sprinkler. I could have cried, it was hilarious, what a good sport! And then Karla got in the circle with her cousin and dance like crazy.
This is Diana. She's a hoot. I have never laughed so much at a wedding, you could feel the love in the room, it was so amazing. This is Ben and his friend singing a song for Karla. I cried. Karla saw me crying, she did not hit me with her bouquet like she threatened to. They also sang the first dance song too. They were amazing. I'm going to cry just thinking about how special it was.
So all in all, we had a great weekend filled with fast cars, friends, lots of good laughs, good food, and love.
This weekend brings a gaggle of teens to our house. I might not feel the love by Sunday!

1 comment:

bcgal00 Rae said...

Looks like a fun time!