Sunday, October 18, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are

We took E. and I. to see Where the Wild Things Are this afternoon. It was definately not a feel good movie. I liked it, but .... it was a bit of a downer, a bit slow, not very funny, although it had a couple of moments, and kind of made you think.
So... even though it's based on a children's book, it is not a children's movie. Both E. and I. really liked it, they got it, they understood the underlying message, liked the 2 funny parts, and felt sad at the appropriate times.
It did not ruin the book. So if you haven't read the book and want to see the movie, that's okay, and if you have read the book and want to see it, I don't think you will say "I enjoyed the book more".
Although now that the monsters have names and voices, it's kind of wierd. The main monster, Carol, is James Gandolfini and after Kerry told me that it was hard to not see Tony Soprano whacking someone every time Carol spoke.
Off to search ebay for some pj's like Max's 'wolf' suit.

No comments: