Friday, May 18, 2007

Gas Pains

Oh, the horror. I have to drive Shaun to work and on the way, I'm getting gouged, I mean, I'm getting gas.
Do you remember when gas was 43 cents? I think that was the first year I had my Topaz. It cost me $25 to fill it up. I could drive for miles. Now, that darn van and it's never-ending tank. $25 won't even get me to 1/8 of a tank. The first time I filled it up, I had to call Kerry at work because it cost over $50 and wasn't even full. I had to stop, I thought there was a hole in the tank.
While we're(I'm) on the topic...do you remember when Archie comics were $1? And penny candy was really a penny? And Michael Jackson was cool?

Off to fight the Long Weekend Traffic. I'll be loving it when someone can drive himself to work!!! Hopefully, it will be by the end of the month, but he'll definately not be driving himself to grad. By the way, the Grand March for RSS is May 28th!!! Gotta get me a purdy outfit.

1 comment:

Marina Garrison said...

Yeah I feel the pain too. When I moved to Vancouver 1995, gas was 39 cents a litre! Now it costs $70 to fill up and I sure think twice about driving into town to run errands.