Saturday, February 27, 2010

DIY backdrop frame

I've been seeing some really neat backdrops made of fabric, just regular fabric, nothing fancy. And I found a few inexpensive portable backdrop frames but of course, none of them are available locally. So I did a little googling and found the instructions to make one out of PVC piping for under $30.Yesterday, we picked up the PVC and by 10 am we had made the frame with an additional bar across the middle. It comes apart and can easily be packed up. Super light, super cheap. I quickly tossed my duvet cover over the rack, added a few clamps and my trusty big red dog. And voila...

3 comments:

bcgal00 Rae said...

Backdrop looks good and for that price...you can't go wrong! That fabric is such a pretty color...love it!

Unknown said...

I love those pics Kelli and your backdrop is great! Where is my Sally?:(
Sounds like you've been really busy.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I actually drew one out and told David to make me a backdrop a month ago. My drawing is still on the fridge.