Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sometimes I don't like being right.

I knew we were not lucky enough to actually have spring yet. I also thought that water-wise, we NEED more snow. And so when Kerry woke me up this morning and said it was snowing, I think I said "Yay!" and went back to sleep. It's not a huge dump, no shovelling required, and it will probably be gone in a few hours, and I'm not planning on driving today so it's all good.
Here's a re-cap of the last week's weather, in pictures of course! And Linus's help. Sally decided she wanted none of this funky weather crap.Feb. 18th. Sunny, warm, maybe 9 degrees. The grass that Linus hasn't pulled up is greenish. We spend a bit more time outside throwing the ball.Feb. 23rd. Fog, frost, -4 degrees. Cold, damp, dismal, but wait, the sun is shining, it's burning off the fog, and it did shine for most of the day! But it was still darn cold.Feb. 24th. Snow, wet, but not as cold, 0 degrees. Makes a great hiding spot for the poop I didn't pick up yesterday, oh, wait, I did, because it was frozen and picking up Poopsicles is what I live to do.

We have this very old, just for decoration wooden ladder that I use in the garden as a trellis, it's leaning against the deck right now. For some reason, this guy had a brain fart and decided this was the way to get up onto the deck. He stood like that for the longest time, trying to figure out what to do. Ah...the life of a SAHM. (It does count, even if they are dogs.)

In other news...Kerry and I have been discussing the sad state of our weights. Slowly rising, causing our clothing to become ill fitting, we have decided to eat better, more fruits and veggies, and to move a bit more with evening walks. Nothing earth shattering, but a step in the right direction. Besides as Kerry put it "We need to get our Disney legs."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are making me cold, but the dog looks great!! Come on Disney legs!!

lacintha said...

Kell...your pics are breath-taking!
As for getting more active, good for you for making that decision.I decided iin Jan 2009 that I needed to do something seriously...and slowly started 15 min on the treadmill every day, and cut down portion sizes. Not much more, but I slowly increased my walking on the treadmill to 45 min (took a few months to get there), and as of Jan this year I lost 30 lbs, nd feel so much better.
Just remember it's a slow process and don't give up :)

Angie Tieman said...

Amazing pictures! I just love your dog! Good thing he likes the cold and snow! Our little dog did NOT like that snow we had two weeks ago and wouldn't even step off the deck to his business! The next time he tried that, the broom *helped* scoot him down the stairs and off the deck! lol!

I hear ya on the ill-fitting clothes. I need to do something, found out in December I have a hyper-thyroid which makes it even harder. I like Lacintha's story, I need to start back up on the treadmill regularly, not just once every two weeks!