Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday's New Things

The day is still young so I could learn more.

1. Most sugar free/fat free candy packages have warnings on them for a reason. For example, yummy Belgium Black Licorice Kitty Cats. They may look cute and taste good but look closely at the package, preferably before eating it all. What's that? Most recommend only consuming 80 grams of maltitol a day. Flip package over, and you might notice that the package is 80-100 grams. Oh CRAP. I distinctly remember what happens when too much maltitol enters my system. CRAP. I can feel it coming.

2. It is better to colour my hair before I get it cut. I know this but was too lazy to go out and get colour and because I call at the last minute to book a colouring, I can never get a cut and a colour at the same time. Not a big deal if you have light coloured hair. Anyway, my hairdresser tried but unfortunately she cut all the coloured hairs and left the white ones. It's next to impossible to colour my hair when it's this short, think about running your fingernail over your toothbrush and how much that splatters, now think of the toothpaste as being black hair colour.

3. Linus is big. Probably 2 times the weight of Sally so when he is using the furniture to scratch his back, things usually move. Today the living room chair moved into the end table that Shaun made in gr. 10. I heard a snap, or maybe it was a crack, and the lamp hit the wall, the table fell over, Shaun's ipod almost got eaten and now my lamp shade has a hole on the inside and the table has two legs that weren't loose this morning. But at least Linus isn't itchy anymore.

4. Procrastination doesn't get things done. Neither does hoping. As in "I hope to get my classes up and running soon". Or "I hope the scale goes down this week". Which by the way it did. I got on 'unofficially' at WW last week and almost fell over. I had put on a lot more than I had figured. Well, after journaling for a week, every single day, I am down. Let's just say by half of 'more than I had figured'. So I'm still above my goal but at least I am going in the right direction now. I'm a loser!

5. And even when you know that your parcel is in Richmond and it always shows up the day after it's in Richmond, it can still not come. I have 2, 2 things I am waiting for. Not patiently, I think I covered that topic last year. Oh, the suffering, the waiting, the pain! One parcel is new stamps, felt flowers, patterned paper, etc. from SU and the other is new books!!! Scrapbooking books hot off the press! I can't wait. So one of the new things learned today is not patience but that UPS LIES.

No comments: