Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Still got it...



After more than 2 years of not doing woodcrafts, I haven't lost my touch. I needed a more room on my stamp set shelf and found a piece of wood in the basement that was a bit too long. So I used my handy measuring skills, (held the wood up to the shelf and used a pen to mark it), and then using my handy bracing skils (my kneee and a broken stool), I cut the wood to size using my own strength (upper body strength of a kitten) and the hand saw. It didn't take me that long, less than 5 minutes and tomorrow my arm will be killing me, but my stamp shelf is looking good.

I'm trying very hard to be creative today, I'm trying too hard really. I wanted to do some tidying up so that I had room on my table, which lead to the shelf project (see above), then I had to try out all my markers and pens and weed out the dry ones. I found a book, Scrapbook Play and had to read 1/2 of it again. I took some pitures of my elephant collection. As I was doing this, I noticed I had a bunch of card kits that needed sorting, which somehow lead to an on-line order of rub-ons. AND that lead me here. Again. I have yet to make anything.

Saw this again today, Kerry sent it to me awhile ago. I hate spiders. Watching this give me the heebie jeebies. But it's funny.


Oprah, today, Gavin De Becker, author of The Gift of Fear. Read this 10 years ago, loved it, listen to your inner voice. It's worth it.

And to make it look like I made something today...

Tara made this birthday card.
I got this idea from SCS.



4 comments:

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Wow...I so love these...As always your work is terrific!!!

Info Goddess said...

There's something about the combination of beautiful cards and that spider video that just show how complex your personality is!!

Kimberly said...

WOW...look at you go! AWESOME organizing...and so Lahooove your creative cards too! xoxo
Love ya,
K
PS...I am terrified of spiders...couldn't bring myself to watch the video..I'd have nightmares for sure! Eeek!

Anna Zalamea said...

your cards are so beautiful, Kelli!! and look at all those yummy stamps!