Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Requires no thought

As of noon today, demonstrators could place their first orders from the new Spring-Summer collection.
I went shopping with mom, we hit Rafters, Superstore, Walmart, and Costco. I saw Dawn at 2 of these places. Silly Dawn trying to do a return! When I got home, I was checking out some stuff and thought maybe I should start my SU wish list and before long, like 3 minutes, I had put the order in, picked my free stuff and was hitting the submit button! Prices are down, so I'm saving money. Really, Kerry, I am.

I got another set of plates today, I have a huge fear that the kind we have will be discontinued like our last set, so I panicked and bought more. I also picked up a new hamper, a certain puppy likes to eat socks so we have to put the laundry in lock down mode. We did not eat lunch out, part of our 'eating better' rule.

I'm pretty positive I know where my holiday weight gain came from ... Santa didn't really drop it off for me. While shopping for Christmas stuff, I thought very little about what I was snacking on for shopping energy. A whopper is 17 pts. A Tim's breakfast sandwich is at least 12 pts. And the tall nonfat no whip peppermint mocha from Starbucks is low in points, but the bear claw, ginger cookie and peanut butter oat bar is not. So I'm making a point of journaling in my nice 3 month journal and eating more fruits and veggies and drinking my water. If it kills me!

Now that Christmas is over, soon the decorations will be down, and we will bring up the hardwood to let it acclimatize for a few weeks. Then I'm sure all h#ll will break loose. I'm not looking forward to ripping up the carpet but it has to be done. The dogs will most likely hate not having carpet to lay on, or drop their hair on, or roll around on, or drool on, but that's too bad. I'll get them some nice big Costco dog beds for upstairs and they can scooch around on those. I can just see it now...Sally all curled up in hers and Linus pulling it across the floor from room to room.

I feel the need to purge the house of all it's clutter and unwanted things. The kids are going to start on the movie and game cupboard tomorrow. I had to give them fair warning of 24 hours.

Hey, use your scrap stash. You know the stuff in the bags still, that maybe you didn't unpack from the last trip to the store, or maybe that stuff under the bag on the table, make a bunch of mini albums, pages or cards. Post them somewhere for everyone to see. Or put them in a box, start sorting stuff and maybe someone will have a Scrapbook Supply Swap or Garage Sale. Maybe.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

hey!
I think it was brave of me... and that loooonnnnggg like only took 15 mintues.

Nice shopping extravaganza!!