Wednesday, November 25, 2009

How a few little words can brighten your day!

Kerry has never been a get-the-point-across kind of guy. He needs a shirt that says "Riddle me this!"
Last night he told me that the guy on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon had changed his name to Ochocinco and that the guy, Chad, was number 85. And I said "What does his jersey number have to do with anything?" and he's like "Don't you get it? Isn't it stupid?" and I still didn't get it. So I said "Tell me again what it is you are trying to say?" And that's when he said "Ochocinco is like Spanish for 85!"
Today, he sends me a cryptic email one that says he'll be shopping for bike parts on Dec. 15th instead of in the Spring. To which my usual sunny self replied "Says WHO?" and then I hit the send button, that's when the mental link we married people seem to acquire at "I now pronounce you man and wife" kicked in and I got it, maybe bike parts go on sale!
Ya, they don't and let's just say he can get his bike parts and I'll pay off my camera and lens.

My friend, Nancy, gave me a make-your-own-photo-coaster kit a few years ago and I was always too afraid to try it, but then Marg said she was making some stamped coasters and it prompted me to get my kit out. I headed off to Office Depot to get the images colour copied. And it worked! The kit came with 4 tiles, and more than enough of the other supplies to do at least 4 more tiles. I see many photo coasters in my future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is really stupid that Chad legally changed his name to Ocho Cinco. What if he gets traded?? I would trade him just to piss him off if I was that teams owner! Love the coasters! I saw those kits years ago when I worked at Archivers and while the finished product was amazing, it was too much work for me to do it!

bcgal00 Rae said...

I've done coasters before and they are fun! I got D to make one yrs ago when I was putting together a basket together of patio table things for his mom & dad. It was the only (and last) crafty thing he did.