Saturday, November 07, 2009

I heard angels!

I MADE the family go to the park for a photoshoot today. I told them what colours to wear, which kind of worked out. I was a bit bossy, and a bit grumpy before we even left the house. I did not have high hopes.
First they had to play on the playground. 20 yr. olds like to play on the swings too.

And climb on the monkey bars. There were lots of leaves left on the trees and on the ground. They weren't all slimey like the ones at our house.

We stopped to take some shots on this grassy noll. Eeewww...kissing.



This is so her.

No family outing is complete without someone getting put in a head lock.


Both smiling, but it's a good thing we only have two kids, I couldn't imagine trying to get more than that to look at the camera at the same time.
Love this fence.



Emily is practicing her "I'm going to squeesh your head". The whole freaking time at the park the kids were quoting Monty Python. I'm sure that couple walking near us thought we were insane. Me telling them to stand up in that field, them talking in their bad British accents. But the best part was their version of the school of funny walks skit. This is probably the one that will replace the not so stellar school photo of 2009.Thoughtful Emily or Emily Trying not to Laugh Confused Kerry.
Emily right before my 'prop-make'em laugh' guy did this.
And then he just kept doing it, I'd be taking a picture and a ball of leaves would come flying in.

I think the background looks a bit Sears Portrait studio-ish. All-in-all, I think it was a pretty successfull afternoon. And it didn't take forever, and it only rained a tiny bit. Then we went to the mall so I could pay the little jerks in snacks. They should pay me for making them look like happy kids instead of the grumps they really are.
And... all shots are SOOC, straight out of camera, not photoshopped, and all are shot with my 70-200mm f/4. And that's where the angels come in. Love it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the shots! Shauns girlfriend has great hair!!

Unknown said...

These look great - too bad you are never in them!

Veronica said...

awesome shots....really like the one of your DH confused at the outhouse!!

JoanneK said...

Loved the commentary that went with the photos!!! Great photos! You have a gorgeous family!