Saturday, April 25, 2009

Take your cupcake outside.

They photograph better in natural light. They taste better too.

I can't recall if I have ever had a Red Velvet cupcake before. Today, I decided to try and make them from scratch using the recipe from....



The best ever baking book. I also coated them with cream cheese frosting from the above book. They are so red, so tasty, moist and not dense like previous attempts at cupcakes from scratch. Rich, fluffy, and won't be around long.


I also have this...


which is the best ever cookbook. Hands down THE BEST.

Seriously, go to www.amazon.ca and order them both for just under $50, that qualifies for free shipping, don't forget to click on free supersaver shipping. You won't regret it. They tell you the best tools, the best ingredients, the best way to make chewy cookies, orzo, pan-sauces for chicken, and just about everything else. There's pictures, step-by-step photo instructions, tips, and all kinds of good info. It's America's Test Kitchen, they did all the work and perfected the recipes first! You will never need another cookbook, ever!

I'm thinking I need to order a bunch and give them to people for Christmas.

Just in case you are wondering, I ate 2, yes, 2 cupcakes, and I'm not going to sit down for a very long time, I don't want to fall asleep. Besides, somebody has to run the panini press for dinner. Then I'll need a nap.

6 comments:

bcgal00 Rae said...

I've never had those cupcakes before either. I did have a cupcake today, just not that kind.

Lisa said...

Hi Kelli! I've been away from my computer for a few days and boy have I missed alot on your site! You have been a busy, girl! YAY and double and YAY for being chosen for the design team! I will most certainly check out the site. Can't wait to see your work! Speaking of work, I LOVE the framed are you showed a few posts back...beautiful! And the cupcake...looks sooooo yummy! Ironically, I had red velvet cupcakes for my birthday! Too funny! Hope you are having a great weekend! XO

Veronica said...

yummy cup cakes! they look delectable!!

Tara said...

The cupcakes look yummy!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is YUM!!

Wanita said...

I so have to get myself a copy of that cookbook...lol.