Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Where did the week go?

It's already Wednesday and half the week is gone. Today's a slower day.
I'm finding my allergies are kicking my ass this year. I'm ready for bed at about 9 pm which is really unfortunate for the people taking my classes. It's not so great for watching good evening tv either. I fall asleep after about 20 minutes.

I have been walking with JW the last 2 days. We've been doing the stairs. It's great to find someone to walk with that lives so close and because the kids are friends, it's nice too. She's got similar parenting and moral views so it's nice to know my kid is 'safe' at her house or when she's with their family. Not that I really worry, it's more like "you want my kid? sure take her, want a puppy too?"

I'm also eating in my points range. It's a killer. It's not that I can't stay in the range, I don't want to. I make terrible choices. I want sugar and Becel, and once I start, I can't stop. I heard somewhere that not only does sugar feed tumors, it makes you crave more tumors, don't know if it's true, but I think it's got some merit.
Why am I eating in my range and walking more? Simple, not because I want to be healthy and live longer, and weigh less, but because I have a major weigh-in on Saturday, and a staff meeting and I need to look like I'm following the plan. If I happen to lose a few pounds, great!

1 comment:

bcgal00 Rae said...

It's so hard to stay within pts and make good choices. Today I'm teaching so on my way there I'm getting a Starbucks Macchiata (it'll be dinner) and then baked nachos and salsa when I come home. I think within pts but not great choices...oh well.

BTW, I think we got Sandy's ball with rope from Petcetera. I'll check next time I go there and will let you know if they still carry them.