Friday, September 05, 2008

Another post today?

I forgot to tell you about my roasted corn. I peeled back the husks, removed the silks, melted Becel and olive oil together and added salt, pepper and cayenne pepper, then spread this on my corn. I wrapped the husks back over the corn and tossed them on the bbq. The sun came out for a few minutes, late afternoon sun is always nice for dog portraits. I was trying to get some lens flare. Didn't work, but I did figure a few things out. The sun is behind the dogs, upper left corner, my ISO is 200, flash on. The pictures are a bit blown out, but I really like the fact that ...
1. both dogs find something in the corner more interesting than me and my treats (my secret for getting decent pet shots)
2. both dogs sat within striking distance of eachother.
3. that even though the sun is behind the dogs, I managed to light up their faces! Yay ME.

Shortly after the above picture the dogs were on to me and my not-so-generous treat giving.

4 comments:

Patti said...

Great pictures Kelli!!!!

bcgal00 Rae said...

They look adorable! Perfecting flash is one of the hardest things to do! I always use fill flash outdoors if the sun's out and sometimes decreasing the flash compensation so you just get a bit of fill flash works well Instead of the setting at "0", try experimenting with the flash compensation decreased a notch or two. Email me if you have any questions about it. You probably covered that in your class tho right?

bcgal00 Rae said...

btw,that shot of the corn is awesome! Makes me hungry. I'm heading upstairs to have a Timmie's coffee and a bagel now, my tummies rumbling!

Kimberly said...

GORGEOUS photographs!
What the heck is Becel? I must know...I LOVE cooking...and that corn looks YUMMOLICIOUS! xoxo
Love ya,
K