Thursday, September 11, 2008

DQ treat

Music class started up tonight for Emily. It's almost dinner time. So for a treat tonight, we stopped at Dairy Queen, we usually only stop for Blizzards. But tonight we had the full meal deal.
I remember when $20 would feed our family of 4 at a fast food restaurant. Tonight, 3 of us ate not even full meal combos, 3 got Blizzards and it was well over $30.
I decided that since I'm back on the WW wagon, I would make smart choices. I ordered small poutine and a small caramel sundae.
I realize now that if poutine is not in the WW Dining Out Companion that does not mean that poutine must not contain any points. So I checked other companies poutines and went with 12 pts. The sundae was 7 pts. The Blizzard I decided not to have, small Cheese Quake, would have been, (are you sitting down?) at least 16 pts, a medium Cookie Dough Blizzard is 22 pts. When you only get 20 a day, that means a lot of veggies for the rest of the day. And you think that small dipped cone is low in points, check again, it's 8 pts.
I'll eat veggies tomorrow.

And this is because Linus and I have too much time on our hands.

Last year, as a puppy, he started jumping up to pick his own plums. We thought he might not start this year because he was just picking the ones he could reach, but today, he started jumping. This causes a few to fall and then Sally gets to eat some too. They have learned not to eat the pits. Too bad plums cause gas.

2 comments:

cyndy ib said...

Your dogs are adorable too! You have some great shots of them on your blog. The plum eating cracks me up. Are you coming to Parksville by yourself or with some girlfriends? Hard to believe the event is only two weeks away! Yeah us!
Cyndy

bcgal00 Rae said...

I just about spit out my coffee LOL! Linus jumping to the plums is just too funny! I know what you mean about the WW pts. I have stretched my pts out between 3 meals and 3 snacks so am getting used to eating smaller amounts more often. It still feels weird to go to for fastfood and only get a burger (no fries) b/c of the pts and fat in them. What we do to look good, eh???? LOL